Southpaw is looking for an Application Engineer to help us maintain our proprietary software and to help drive ongoing product development.
This individual will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills, independent self-direction and leadership coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement. The candidate will also have some experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment.
In our organization, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work on all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Communicate with actual clients and design and build quality solutions as per their requirements
- Make lasting impact in an expanding organization
- Contribute to our open-source web platform, TACTIC
- Further develop your skills in software while learning how to apply yourself in industry
- Experience in web design
- Strong problem solving skills
- Development with systems such as Drupal, WordPress, Joomla
- Server set up and installation
- Ability to build themes and configure client sites
- Work with Developers and Application engineers to prepare, build and test functional client data management sites
- Build widgets and other software components
- Ensure quality of overall software through testing (manual and automated unit tests)
- Write technical documentation
- Required to write 1 blog per month on any subject related to Southpaw Technology
- ObjectiveC (iOS), C++ (Android) a plus
- Background check and reference checks required upon hire
- The job title, description and role requirements for this position are subject to change without notice.
- Southpaw offers a competitive compensation package including salary, benefits and future participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan.
- The Application Engineer position does not offer employment-based visa sponsorship.
- Southpaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org